Welcome to SCCH CPD Training
Why are SCCH Professional events effective and unique?
Our Health Psychology Practitioner background and expertise:
1. Our Clinical skills: We are Consultant Practitioner Health Psychologists with varied NHS, private and commercial healthcare experience in preventative health and long-term conditions management.
2. Training and Assessment Skills: We are British Psychological Society (BPS) approved Stage 2 Supervisors in Health Psychology with extensive experience of developing national training standards including the behaviour change intervention and consultancy modules of the UK professional Stage 2 Qualification in Health Psychology and the National Occupational Standards in Applied Psychology. Claire was previously the BPS Stage 1 Examiner in Health Psychology.
3. We are all about actual practice CHANGE: We enable you to make real, sustainable changes to your knowledge and skills in clinical practice and applied research. We change your thinking (i.e. confidence) and your actual professional practice skills.
4. We use experiential methods: We combine evidence based health psychology models and techniques with traditional therapeutic modalities to improve health outcomes.
5. Our Broad Clinical Application Focus: We have a wider Health Psychology focus on improving health, including preventative interventions, symptom and treatment management and increasing quality of life in physical health NOT JUST anxiety and depression.
Download our SCCH Training Leaflet now - to learn about our training ethos, methods and events - CLICK HERE!
Who are our training events aimed at and why?
Our specialist applied Health Psychology training maximises practitioner skills for qualified and trainee health psychologists (and other applied psychologists) and health professionals interested in improving long-term patient psychological care and health outcomes (e.g. adherence, quality of life, lifestyle changes) delivering this through research or practice. Our training events contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) portfolio and HCPC registration submission. Click here for HCPC standards.
Where are our training events held?
As we are a specialist organisation, offering very competitive pricing of our training events. We keep our costs down by having a central training venue at the British Psychological Society Offices in London but are happy to provide in-house bespoke training tailored to your interests - click here for bespoke training options.
Please now go to the training pages and events that are relevant to you.